Preparation method of titanium carbide TiC powder
Roche and its subsidiary TIB Molbiol have developed a series of tests for the detection of the monkeypox virus, the Switzerland-based pharmaceutical company announced.
The monkeypox virus is a close relative of the smallpox virus, belonging to orthpoxviridae in the poxviridae family.
The modular virus detection tool, called LightMix, includes three orthpoxvirus detection kits with different functions, Roche said in a statement. The first kit detects orthpoxvirus; The second kit tests only for monkeypox virus (west and Central African branches); The third kit contains the main functions of the first two kits, showing specific information on the presence of the monkeypox virus (west and Central African branches) as well as the detection of orpoxvirus.
Thomas Schinek, a Roche executive, said the new test could detect monkeypox and help track its spread. Such diagnostic tools are critical for addressing and ultimately managing emerging public health challenges, as they advance responses such as tracking efforts and treatment strategies.
The monkeypox virus was first identified in 1958 in a group of monkeys used for research when the animals developed a "pox-like" infection, hence the name. Since May, several non-endemic countries have reported human cases of the monkeypox virus, including the United Kingdom, the United States, Portugal, Spain, and Italy.
Affected by the ever-changing international situation, the supply and prices of international bulk Titanium Carbide TiC Powder,Overview of Titanium Carbide TiC Powder,Application of Titanium Carbide TiC Powder,Titanium carbide TiC powder price,Titanium Carbide TiC Powder Supplier are still very uncertain.
Overview of Titanium Carbide TiC Powder
The chemical formula of titanium carbide is TiC. It is a steel grey crystal with a metallic sheen. It is thermally and electrically conductive, and its electrical conductivity decreases with increasing temperature, thus taking on the properties of a medal. It is a hard, high-melting compound, second only to diamond in hardness, with a microhardness of 2850 kg/mm2. The lattice constant a=4.173×10-8cm. The melting point is 3150 ℃, the boiling point is 4820 ℃, and the relative density is 4.9. TiN and TiO have the same lattice and the same parameters, so a series of continuous solid solutions can be formed between them. Heating above 1500 °C in H2 gas, C removal occurs gradually. The mixture of Ti(C,N) carbon nitride reacts with N2 gas above 1200 ℃ to form a variable composition. The oxidation rate of TiC is slow at 800 °C, but TiC powder can be combusted in O2 at 600 °C to generate TiO2 and CO2. At 1200 °C, it reacts with O2 gas to generate TiO2 and CO. It does not interact with water, but can react with water vapor to generate TiO2, CO and H2 at temperatures above 700 °C. Does not react with CO, but reacts with CO2 at 1200 °C to generate TiO2 and CO. Insoluble in hydrochloric acid and lye, soluble in nitric acid and aqua regia.
Preparation method of titanium carbide TiC powder
1. Carbon black for carbothermic reduction at 1700-2100 ℃
To reduce TiO2, the chemical reaction formula is: TiO2(S)+3C(s)=TiC(S)+2CO(g).
2. Direct carbonization method TiC is prepared by the reaction of Ti powder and carbon powder. Ti(s)+C(s)=TiC The application of this method is limited due to the difficulty in preparing submicron titanium powders. The above reaction takes 5-20 hours to complete, the reaction process is difficult to control, and the reactants are seriously agglomerated. It requires further grinding to prepare fine TiC powder. In order to obtain a purer product, the fine powder after ball milling needs to be purified by chemical methods.
3. Chemical vapor deposition
The synthesis method utilizes the reaction between TiCl4, H2 and C
Reactants react with hot tungsten or carbon monofilament. TiC crystals are grown directly on the monofilament. The yield and sometimes even the quality of TiC powder synthesized by this method is severely limited.
4. Sol-gel method
The invention relates to a method for fully mixing and dispersing a material and a solution to prepare a small particle size product. It has the advantages of good chemical uniformity, small powder particle size, narrow distribution and low heat treatment temperature, but the synthesis process is complicated and the drying shrinkage rate is large.
5. Microwave method
Using nano-titanium dioxide and carbon black as raw materials, using the principle of carbothermal reduction reaction, the material is heated by microwave energy. In fact, the dielectric loss of the material in the high-frequency electric field is used to convert microwave energy into thermal energy, so that nano-TiO2 and carbon can synthesize TiC.
Application of Titanium Carbide TiC Powder
1. Titanium carbide powder is used for high temperature thermal spraying materials, welding materials, hard coating materials, military aviation materials, carbides and cermets.
2. Titanium carbide powder is used as an additive in the production of thermistors to improve wear resistance.
3. Titanium carbide powder has a NaCl-type cubic crystal structure. Adding 6% to 30% of TiC to WC-Co cemented carbide forms a TiC-WC solid solution with WC, which can significantly improve red heat, wear resistance, oxidation resistance, Corrosion resistance and other properties, more suitable for processing steel than WC-Co cemented carbide. Alloys such as Ni-Mo can also be used as binders to form tungsten-free cemented carbides, which can improve the turning speed and the precision and finish of the workpiece.
4. Used as tool material and additive for metal bismuth, zinc, cadmium smelting crucible, preparation of semiconductor wear-resistant film, HDD large-capacity storage equipment, is an important part of cemented carbide, used as deoxidizer in steelmaking industry, also Used as cermet, it has the characteristics of high hardness, corrosion resistance and good thermal stability.
Titanium carbide TiC powder price
The price of titanium carbide TiC powder will change randomly with the production cost, transportation cost, international situation and market supply and demand of titanium carbide TiC powder. Tanki New Materials Co.,Ltd aims to help various industries and chemical wholesalers find high-quality, low-cost nanomaterials and chemicals by providing a full range of customized services. If you are looking for titanium carbide TiC powder, please feel free to send an inquiry to get the latest price of titanium carbide TiC powder.
Titanium Carbide TiC Powder Supplier
As a global supplier of titanium carbide TiC powders, Tanki New Materials Ltd. has extensive experience in advanced, engineered material properties, applications and cost-effective manufacturing. The company has successfully developed a series of powder materials (including boron carbide, aluminum carbide, boron carbide, etc.), high-purity target materials, functional ceramics and structural devices, and provides OEM services.
|Titanium Carbide Properties|
|Other Names||titanium(IV) carbide, TiC powder|
|Melting Point||3160 °C|
|Boiling Point||4820 °C|
|Solubility in H2O||N/A|
|Titanium Carbide Health & Safety Information|
The World Food Program (WFP) of the United Nations (UN) and the European Union (EU) said in a statement that the conflict between Russia and Ukraine poses risks to global food supplies, and called on the international community to increase support for vulnerable countries and jointly address food security challenges.
A few days ago, the Executive director of the World Food Program, the European Commission's commissioner in charge of crisis management, the French Foreign Minister of the ROTATING EU presidency, and other officials held a meeting in Rome, Italy, to discuss how to deal with the negative impact of the Conflict between Russia and Ukraine on global food security.
One of the officials told a news conference after the meeting that the world was facing a food supply challenge that would "last for many years" as the conflict between Russia and Ukraine pushed up global food prices and disrupted the Titanium Carbide TiC Powder,Overview of Titanium Carbide TiC Powder,Application of Titanium Carbide TiC Powder,Titanium carbide TiC powder price,Titanium Carbide TiC Powder Supplier will continue.